Your Wedding day is extremely important to us. We are unique as a venue, not only are we a family run venue, we live here to. We take every pride and effort to make this special for you. We are not the same as other wedding venues. Our family history is here and you are part of that. Our venue is not a hotel or purpose built venue, we are part of the fabric of the countryside and village. We promise we will do everything we can to make your day as special and unique as we can. We are proud to share our home with you.
Your venue hire includes, The Stables, our wedding preparation suite, The Old Dairy Barn, our licensed ceremony barn, The Oak Barn, our large dining and evening barn, complete with the Sty our fully stocked bar. The Oak Terrace, our large outdoor roofed garden terrace, The Courtyard Terrace, our large outdoor roofed evening food/BBQ/Drink Reception area, overlooking the courtyard to The Stables and The Old Dairy Bar. We are licensed for indoor ceremonies In both the Oak Barn and The Old Dairy Barn, and Recorded and live performance music. We are licensed for the sale on and off premises of alcohol, from 9am -11.45pm. Closing at Midnight.
We have designed the venue to give you venue hire luxury without the absolute need to have to ‘dress’ the venue at significant costs.
You hire the venue……it is our priority to leave you with a canvass that can remain as it is without you ‘having’ to fill with decorations.
When you plan your wedding you may initially think…… I have the venue. What do i need? What are my priorities? Don’t forget to use our websites to help, use the tables plans , itinerary’s, use the 360 degree walk round to help plan and show suppliers.
1. The venue as it is…. Will give you everything you need as a basic without adding. You don’t have to over add with sweet carts and gimmick items, they will not make your wedding, you and your guests will.
2. The very best advice -“Feed and Water them well.” Jenkinsons caterers will plan your food and you can be assured of quality and luxury. We will water them well and you can order from this website.
3. Decorations??? A Centre piece for your tables are a necessity. We do not supply these as every wedding is different. Simply great floristry in a centre piece will define everything about your wedding and your style. Honestly do not underestimate the Importance and impact of great floristry. This venue is designed so that this is all you need to do. Anything further is your choice. Genuine Floristry may be expensive but it will save you spending on other items where you do not need to.
4. Post Box , Guests well wishing book/item, table plan and name places. These can be simple to complex items, and eBay , vista print type sites can help you save.
5. Music, sets an atmosphere, and ambiance. Music is always important. Live or recorded. A pianist can be beautiful during dining, and a live band can set off your evening entertainment into the celebration of the year. These all have their own costs, so work out your budget But do give this some considerable thought.
6. Do not get carried away listening to ’you must have this‘. You and your guests will remember, each other, the beautiful venue, the wedding, the food and the drink, and the atmosphere.
Absolute Musts for planning your day …………. The itinerary document and the table plans below are an essential part of the planning. Please print and complete.
If you are using a wedding planner or On the day wedding management company please advise them to send to us in well in advance of your wedding.
Check and book your registrar, or church .... focus on the time you want to get married! Remember this day will go so quickly so make the most of your time.
If you are getting married here, secure the registrar as soon as possible by calling Staffordshire County Council on 0300 111 8001.
If you would prefer a Church wedding you can of course opt to be married in your family church or alternatively St.Giles Church in Whittington is available for those outside of the parish And only 5 mins away! Speak to St.Giles Church for more information on having your church wedding here in the village on 07721767963.
Without a doubt you will have ideas! You will have seen posts on Instagram or Pinterest that will have grabbed your attention. Branding your wedding is like branding a business. Once you have chosen your colours and theme it will help you with everything you are going to decide upon from there, such as dresses, floristry, suits and stationary.
Jenkinsons are our designated caterers, once you have booked us as your venue we will send your details to them so that they can contact you directly to discuss everything food related! They will produce a food itinerary with you and bring you in for a menu tasting so you can sample some of their delicious dishes.
Jenkinsons caterers have full control and liability for any food brought onto site, so please ensure all food items including your wedding cake, are itemised on the itinerary including when to serve them! This is very important for safety, liability, traceability and hygiene control purposes so please speak to your wedding food coordinator about your wedding food plans.
Jenkinsons are a family run company like ourselves and have over 80 years of being high quality food caterers. We are proud to work with them and stand by the experience and quality they bring with them.
We have made it easy for you to pre-order your wedding drinks right here on this website. You can either order one of our set drinks packages or put together your own bespoke package.
We accept both cash and card at the bar and it is fully stocked with everything from exclusive wines to craft gins and even cocktails on tap, so there really is something for everyone!
You cannot bring any alcohol onto our site as we are a fully licensed venue. All of our drink is controlled and looked after to ensure the highest of standards in quality and value.
All drink items are the responsibility of Coton House Farm and not Jenkinsons.
Try to Go Green..... We are green! We are a 100% renewable energy venue, with low power consumption heating and lighting. Fully insulated buildings, and we plant hundreds of trees per year to off set your wedding. We recycle all of our glass , plastics and cardboard, we take nothing to landfill. Our general waste is sent for conversion into renewable energy pellets. Waste water is collected and taken for treatment and rainwater used for irrigation. Our Food is all locally sourced, supporting Staffordshire farming, and reducing food miles. In fact most of our vegetables are grown in our village. Most of our beer products are brewed less than 10 miles away and all of our wines are Vegan friendly. So use local, support small businesses, reduce miles, reduce waste.
Our Commitment - meaning your wedding is supporting …. We commit funds annually into Horse and Carriage Riding for the Disabled, Worcester Warriers Rugby Club Centre of Excellence for womens Rugby, Lichfield Rugby Club, and Burton Rugby Club , particularly the rise of female teams and players into the national pathway. Whittington Community projects supported by the country and craft fair, and the use of Fair trade products. We are also avid supporters of our neighbouring charity St. Giles Hospice.
Our office is always open for communication, and we welcome your contact.
Jenkinsons Caterers will contact you through their Wedding Food Coordinator and all things ‘foodie’ will be dealt with by them. On the day some couples choose to employ a Wedding planner or on the day management team, others just allow the highly experienced Jenkinsons Venue Catering manager, who will be present during your entire day to run the day for you (following the itinerary you created).
Our venue manager will be present during your day. They will be here to ensure all legal and safety measures, (front of house and back room) including standards are adhered to. Table linen and set up are controlled by the venue catering manager from Jenkinsons who will be your point of contact on your day. Once we have your full itinerary, we will pass this over to your venue catering manager for your day. Neither the venue catering manager or the venue manager are Toast Masters. If you require this as a formal service, then you will need to employ a toast master or allocate a guest to announce entrance and speeches etc.
Exclusive use starts 2 hours before your ceremony or dining, whichever comes first. Please remember and do not be offended if we have any showrounds of potential couples in and around the venue during the morning period. You were in this position once! We wont intrude into your privacy. The wedding coordinators may be busy with the couples however the duty managers and morning concierge are here for you.
You will want to make an itinerary, This will help your front of house catering team deliver your day. Email it to us so we can have this ready for your day.
Why do we need it?
1. To ensure legality and compliance with your suppliers.
2. To ensure service staff have a detailed plan and times to deliver to.
It is very important to us that we know your plans,
Your Jenkinsons food coordinator will help create a food plan with you and this will help you with your days timings, but your staff on the day will need more detailed information.
Make your timings run in order. Walk through your day in your mind, as you want it. Then write it down.
Write who each supplier is, their name, business and contact number, preferably mobile number.
(The below is purely an example and may not fit your wedding.)
0900hrs -Arrive at venue with bridesmaids. Dad is dropping us off.
0910hrs -Photographer arrives.(Say who this is.)
0920hrs -Make up and Hairstylist arriving.(Say who they are.)
0930hrs -Venue Dresser is arriving.(Say who they are.)
1000hrs -Florist arriving.(Say who florist is)
1020hrs -Champagne order from venue for bridal preparation suite.
1030hrs -Cake arriving.(Say who this is.)
1200hrs -Ceremony musician arrives (Say who this is.)
1245hrs -Groom and groomsmen arrive. (Say who.)
1300hrs -Guests start to arrive.
1330hrs -Ceremony will start in the Old Dairy Barn
1400hrs -Ceremony concluded...
1400hrs -Group photographs followed by drinks and canapé reception on the terrace.
1400hrs - Bar opens
1430hrs -Bride and Groom enter the Oak Barn alone for room reveal.
1435hrs -Bride and Groom slope off for photographs.
1500hrs -Background music set playing in Oak Barn in preparation for dining.
1515hrs -Guests enter the Oak Barn and view table plan to find seat.
1525hrs -Bride and Groom return to Oak Barn, Groomsman announces all stand for the Bride and Groom.
1530hrs -All seats taken and dining is served.
1730hrs -Speeches commence. Running order of Father of the bride, Groom, best man.
1800hrs -Speeches conclude.
1800hrs -Evening entertainment band or DJ arrive to set-up and play background music. (Say who this is.)
1900hrs -Evening guests begin to arrive.
1910hrs -Evening entertainment band arrive.
1955hrs -Cake cutting.
2000hrs -First dance.
2005hrs -Evening food served.
2100hrs -Band starts first set.
2145hrs -DJ Plays disco
2200hrs -Band play second set.
2300hrs -DJ for disco.
Midnight -Carriages.(Taxis pre booked.) Family member to take postbox and valuables home.
proceeding day -
1000hrs -Collect private items and decorations left.
1000hrs -All guest cars to be collected from venue.
Find the table plan to suit your layout. Aim for tables of 10. 10 at a table is perfect. Avoid lower than 10. Try and complete as much detail as possible, eg/ type of wine on table, mark high chair, vegetarian, vegan, table name/number, name of guest, etc, and email or hand to your wedding coordinator.
You will need a copy of your wedding Insurance with you for the final meeting. This is really important as it protects you, your goods, your hired items, your guests, , your rings, etc.
Please do not underestimate how important this can be for you. Try searching on line for the best insurance with public liability
If your ceremony music is not live music and you intent to use recorded music, our advice is to download the music onto your device , and not rely on ‘the cloud’. Try using a Bluetooth speaker as this is the easiest and best and your ‘music host’ can practice at home, ensuring they are confident in delivering when and how you need it. We do not have WiFi for your ceremony, or for the main barn for music.
It is essential that you book your appointment with the wedding coordinator for 6 weeks before your wedding day.
You will need to bring with you:-
1. Your Table Plan
2. Your full and complete Itinerary.
3. Your catering Document.
4. Your drinks order from this website.
5. A copy of your wedding insurance.
Coton House Farm Wedding and Events Venue is delighted to hold your event and along with our partner Jenkinsons Caterers we will endeavour to do our very best for your event.
It is crucial that in delivering your event that we adhere to legal requirements and health and safety matters that allow us to deliver an event safely , legally, auditable and responsibly.
It is also very important that you understand these requirements and the consequences of any breach’s of these that may put us, our staff, you or your guests at risk, subject to harm, liability, criticism, inappropriateness or criminal investigation .
We ask that you understand that if we say ‘no’ to a request, it will be for genuine reasons as our intention is always to deliver the event that you want. We do not say ‘no’ but for genuine reasons.
Often what is acceptable in private premises is not acceptable in a commercial setting and therefore legislation may be in place that prevents it from taking place or requires certain requirements or standards before we can allow it.
This agreement is in part also written into your terms of booking and may be fully or in part on our websites. These are not new requirements, though at times, as legislation or risk assessments change other matters may be added or removed to this non exhaustive list.
This document is not to cause you any alarm, or infringe upon your event, but to help ensure the safe delivery, avoid misunderstanding, and protect you as an event organiser. Every Wedding and events venue has rules, and we are totally transparent from the outset.
Please do not take offence at this requirement to agree to these abridged requirements.(But if you don’t know, we need to let you know.)
1.You or your guests are not allowed to bring any alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks or vessels onto our premises for any reason. We are a fully licensed venue the same as any Pub , restaurant, nightclub.
2.You may not bring any food sealed or unsealed onto our premises other than a (singular) wedding cake.Wedding cake must be brought onto our premises with the full list of ingredients for display. Including intolerances and allergies. For any commercially made cake, we must also be sent their Public liability insurance. Wedding cake must appear on your wedding food itinerary along with cutting instructions (ie just top tier). We are not allowed under any circumstances to store your wedding cake in our commercial fridges, before your event or after. All questions about food related items must be direct to Jenkinsons caterers and your food wedding coordinator, not a venue wedding coordinator.
3.You must collect your belongings the day after your event by 10am. Your venue dressers must collect their items between 8am-9am the following day, or immediately at the end of your event.
4. The Bridal/Groom preparation suite will be locked at the start of your dining and will only be opened for collection of items at the end of the event and the tidying of your belongings beforehand. It will not be left open and is by nature a preparation suite before your ceremony only.
The preparation suite must be left tidy with your belongings boxed at the end of your event so that we may move these belongings to allow cleaning and your collections the next day. It will be locked from the start of your wedding breakfast.
5.The courtyard is for emergency access and pedestrian use only and no vehicles may enter to load or unload from this area, or to be photographed. Access may only be authorised for a bride/groom who has dressed at another location and travelled for an outdoor ceremony only.
6.Access to the venue is from 9am only on the day of your event. You cannot access the day before or earlier than 9am.
7.All vehicles left overnight, must be off site by 10am the following morning. We may lock access to the grounds and access may not be available after that time. All vehicles are parked at the owners responsibility and liability and the venue is not liable for the vehicle or its contents. Please encourage guests to travel by taxi or car share as parking is a premium and discouraging drink driving is essential.
8.No naked flame items are allowed on site. This includes candles and sparklers. Responsible Smoking is permitted outside only.
9. Only real petal confetti is allowed on site and confetti photographs outside may only take place in the courtyard area. Confetti cannons are not allowed inside or outside the venue buildings.
10.If any damage (accidental/malicious/reckless) is caused during your event you will be responsible and must pay for the repairs or replacements.
11.Any bouncy castles or inflatables must be manned by a responsible designated individual. They must be appropriately insured with Public liability insurance and standalone in power such as a generator. We will not fuel or refill generators. They cannot operate from our power supplies.
12.All live and recorded music must be off and silent by midnight unless it is New Year’s Eve. Our Oak barn french doors will be locked and closed by 11pm Friday and Saturdays, 1030pm, weekdays and Sundays.
13.Guests are not to stand on tables or chairs.
14. Smoke machines and cold fireworks are permitted inside the venue provided they are done by a responsible and appropriately insured professional.
15. Decorations should not be cable tied to chairs. No knocking of hooks, pins or nails into walls, oak, tables or chairs. You cannot stick items to the walls by any means.
16.The use or possession of illegal drugs are not allowed. We reserve the right to adopt a reasonable suspicion of possession or use of drugs to determine our response.
17.Abusive conduct, assault, fear of assault, disorderly conduct, including shouting, towards any member of staff or guests will not be tolerated. All reasonable requests made by staff must be adhered to.
18.We will request guests leave gift bags on the gift table only.
19. We will challenge guests visiting the car park during the event. We may also challenge guests at the end of the event that we suspect may drive away intoxicated.
20. We will strongly request you to advise or make arrangements for your guests to have plans for their journey home at midnight. Pre book taxis.
21. Food delivered into the public forum will only be allowed out for a timed period. After this period we have to remove the food for waste. After the specific period it cannot remain out for your guests.This is following Environmental Health Office regulations.
22. Left over food or food waste cannot be taken off site by you or your guests at the end of the evening. (Other than your wedding cake.)
23. Left over unused wines may be taken from the premises at the end of the evening. We cannot store until the following day. We will dispose of all left over wines or beers from midnight of your event and we take no responsibility for unattended drinks left by guests, they will be disposed of.
By 0005hrs all drinking (except New Year’s Eve) will cease and glasses handed in or to staff.
24. All patio gas heaters will only be controlled or switched on or off by staff. You or your guests must not use or attempt to use the heaters. We will determine if the patio heaters are required.
25.Any electrical items brought to the venue must have a PAT test certificate issued within the last 12 months. You will need all suppliers to forward their PAT test certificates and a valid Public liability Insurance certificate to us. All suppliers must adhere to our staff instructions or they may be refused entry.
26. Dogs are only allowed onto the premises for the purposes of being disability dogs. You are allowed dogs to your wedding ceremony if they are part of your day, however they must be removed immediately after the ceremony photographs. Dogs are not allowed to be left in any of our buildings, or in any vehicles parked at our venue.
27.No overnight camping, camper vans tents or sleeping in cars is allowed on the venue grounds or carpark.
28. We may challenge guests for identification when ordering or purchasing drinks from our bar in line with our licensing legal requirement.
29. There is poor phone and internet connection inside the dairy barn(ceremony). Download your music to your device beforehand.
30. The Public WI-FI code for the Oak Barn is CotonHouseFarm1
31. We cannot take responsibility or liability for any items you or your service providers bring onto the venue and grounds. If they do not have appropriate insurance or PAT testing they will not be allowed on site and we cannot be held responsible if we refuse entry. You must check all suppliers are legitimately insured and safe.
32. In the event of a Fire, Ambulance, or Police service being required , they will have priority over your event.
32. Any deliberate act / reckless or intentional act to activate a fire alarm will not be tolerated and may cause closure of the venue and event as these cannot be readily repaired leaving the venue unprotected.
33. We may have show rounds to potential couples or clients up to around 1 hour before the start of your ceremony. Please be aware that these people may be on site so do not be offended, you may have been in this position. If you are using the prep suite they will not be allowed access and will be supervised at all times whilst on site.
34. You must leave the venue premises/buildings by 0015hrs.
In the event of rules not adhered to we may take reasonable steps in the circumstances to maintain safety and prevent damage. We are required by law to prevent crime and disorder and antisocial behaviour. We may also cause the need to issue financial invoices to you as organisers for recompense and losses. We may take action such as (A)closing the venue and event early. (B)Closing the bar. (C)Asking guests to leave.(D)issuing invoices for loss/damage/recompense. If the venue or bar is closed due to breach’s contained above you will not have any recompense and we cannot be held responsible.
We love our couples, so feel free to make an appointment to come in and see us!
WS14 9LQ, Lichfield, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
09:00 – 17:00